By Gordon Grigg,David Kirshner
Gordon Grigg's authoritative and obtainable textual content and David Kirshner's wonderful interpretive paintings and color pictures mix expertly during this modern party of crocodiles, alligators, caimans and gharials. This booklet showcases the talents and functions that permit crocodylians to reside how and the place they do. It covers the biology and ecology of the extant species, conservation matters, crocodylian–human interplay and the evolutionary heritage of the crowd, and contains a sizeable volume of recent details; 25 in line with cent of 1100 stated courses have seemed because 2007.
Richly illustrated with greater than 500 color images and black and white illustrations, this ebook should be a benchmark reference paintings for crocodylian biologists, herpetologists and vertebrate biologists for years to come.
Winner of the 2015 Whitley Medal.
Read Online or Download Biology and Evolution of Crocodylians PDF
Best zoology books
This ebook is meant as a systematic source for cannabinoid researchers undertaking animal and human experiments, and when you have an interest in studying approximately destiny instructions in cannabinoid learn. also, this ebook can be of worth to investigators at present operating outdoors the sector of cannabinoid learn who've an curiosity in studying approximately those compounds and their abnormal cannabinoid signalling.
A large choice of species, together with people, shows a remarkably trustworthy habit trend, referred to as spontaneous alternation habit (SAB), that has intrigued researchers for over seven many years. notwithstanding the main points may possibly range reckoning on species and environment, SAB basically includes first identifying one member of a couple of choices after which the opposite, with no directions or incen tives to take action.
Targeting the physiological and behavioral components that allow a species to reside in a harsh seasonal surroundings, this ebook areas the social biology of marmots in an environmental context. It attracts at the result of a 40-year empirical examine of the inhabitants biology of the yellow-bellied marmot close to the Rocky Mountain organic Laboratory within the higher East River Valley in Colorado, united states.
First released greater than a century in the past, The Biography of a Grizzly recounts the lifetime of a fictitious endure named Wahb who lived and died within the higher Yellowstone sector. This new version combines Ernest Thompson Seton’s vintage story and unique illustrations with historic and clinical context for Wahb’s tale, delivering an intensive knowing of the atmosphere, cultural connections, biology, and ecology of Seton’s best-known e-book.
- Gibt es einen "7. Sinn"?: Außergewöhnliche Wahrnehmungen und unglaubliche Fähigkeiten von Menschen und Tieren aus der Sicht der heutigen Lebenswissenschaften (German Edition)
- Livestocking Pico, Nano, Mini-Reefs; Small Marine Aquariums; Book 1: Principles, Algae & Invertebrates
- Utilization of Nutrients During Postnatal Development: International Series of Monographs in Pure and Applied Biology: Zoology
- Synaptic Constituents in Health and Disease: Proceedings of the Third Meeting of the European Society for Neurochemistry, Bled, August 31st to September ... Constituents in Health and Disease 3rd
- Animals, Work, and the Promise of Interspecies Solidarity
- Synaptic Mechanisms in the Auditory System: 41 (Springer Handbook of Auditory Research)
Extra resources for Biology and Evolution of Crocodylians