By William N. Dember,Charles L. Richman
By William N. Dember,Charles L. Richman
By Trevor J. C. Beebee
The target of this ebook is to motivate readers to boost their very own ecological stories, to this finish, the writer summarises the present country of information of reptile and amphibian biology, together with behaviour, breeding, habitat choice, migration and improvement, and gives rules for learn tasks which may be undertaken to additional what's identified. A bankruptcy is dedicated to the practicalities paintings with amphibians and reptiles, together with licensing specifications. learn suggestions, together with survey tools corresponding to evening searches for newts and bottle trapping, are mentioned intimately, and attention is given to tools of information analysis.
Author royalties from this ebook were donated to Amphibian and Reptile Conservation.
By Ernst Haeckel
Ernst Haeckel (1834 – 1919) conflict ein deutscher Zoologe, Philosoph und Freidenker. In seinem hier vorliegenden Werk hat er sich den Protisten angenommen. Er beschreibt diese ein- bis mehrzelligen Lebewesen und ihren Lebensraum. Am Ende findet sich ein approach, in dem die Protisten verschiedenen Klassen zugeordnet sind.
Dieses Buch ist ein unveränderter Nachdruck der Originalausgabe von 1878.
By Derek Yalden,Priscilla Barrett
By Fredrick Seil
By Chi-Chao Chan
By T.S. Stoinski,H. D. Steklis,P.T. Mehlman
This quantity identifies the first difficulties confronted in maintaining wild populations of gorillas all through Africa, pinpointing new ways to fixing those difficulties and outlining the elevated position that zoos can play in gorilla conservation. It contains the in-depth services of box scientists in various disciplines to debate present conservation threats, novel techniques to conservation, and capability solutions.
By Reha Erzurumlu,William Guido,Zoltan Molnar
By Elizabeth Gosling
Marine Bivalve Molluscs is a finished and carefully up-to-date moment version of Bivalve Molluscs, overlaying all significant facets of this crucial classification of invertebrates. in addition to being a tremendous category biologically and ecologically, a few of the bivalves are fished and cultured commercially (e.g. mussels, oysters, scallops and clams) in a multi-billion buck all over the world industry.
Elizabeth Gosling has written a landmark publication that may stand for a few years because the commonplace paintings at the topic. Chapters in Marine Bivalve Molluscs hide morphology, ecology, feeding, copy, payment and recruitment, development, body structure, fisheries, aquaculture, genetics, ailments and parasites, and public health and wellbeing matters. a whole knowing of a lot of those elements is essential for all these operating in bivalve fisheries and culture.
a necessary buy for an individual interested in this crucial type of animals, copies of Marine Bivalve Molluscs may be at the cabinets of biologists, ecologists, environmental scientists, fisheries scientists and group of workers in the aquaculture undefined. Copies of the e-book might be on hand in all libraries and examine institutions the place those matters are studied or taught.
experiences of the 1st Edition
• An admirable achievement... a precious addition to marine sciences libraries all over the place. The again conceal of this publication says that it's a landmark textual content that might stand for a few years because the commonplace paintings in this topic. i will be able to simply trust this sentiment. Aquaculture
• A welcome boost to the literature and offers the reader with a complete evaluate of organic and environmental components that impact and keep an eye on either typical populations of marine bivalves and tradition operations. Aquaculture International
• the writer has performed an admirable activity in compiling a wealth of data right into a readable textual content. Transactions of the yank Fisheries Society
• Will serve good as an outline of a lot of either the experimental biology and the aquaculture of bivalves. Journal of Experimental Marine Biology and Ecology
• presents very good experiences of all significant aspects…an vitally important reference for a person engaged in bivalve examine, fisheries administration, and aquaculture. Quarterly assessment of Biology
• The booklet is particularly readable, in a simple variety. it really is good illustrated and there's a wealth of knowledge and records offered. Bulletin of The Malacological Society of London