By Heidi Hayes Jacobs
“What 12 months are you getting ready your scholars for? 1973? 1995? are you able to in truth say that your school’s curriculum and this system you employ are getting ready your scholars for 2015 or 2020? Are you even getting ready them for today?”
With these provocative questions, writer and educator Heidi Hayes Jacobs launches a strong case for overhauling, updating, and injecting lifestyles into the K–12 curriculum. Sharing her services as a world-renowned curriculum fashion designer and calling upon the collective knowledge of 10 schooling proposal leaders, Jacobs offers perception and concept within the following key areas:
* content material and assessment--How to spot what to maintain, what to chop, and what to create, and the place portfolios and different new different types of evaluate healthy into the picture.
* application structures--How to enhance our use of time and house and groupings of scholars and employees.
* Technology--How it’s remodeling instructing, and the way to exploit scholars’ average facility with expertise.
* Media literacy--The crucial concerns to handle, and the easiest assets for supporting scholars turn into expert clients of a number of sorts of media.
* Globalization--What steps to take to assist scholars achieve an international viewpoint.
* Sustainability--How to instill enduring values and ideology that may bring about fitter neighborhood, nationwide, and international groups.
* conduct of mind--The pondering conduct that scholars, lecturers, and directors have to boost and perform to reach college, paintings, and life.
The solutions to those questions and plenty of extra make Curriculum 21 definitely the right advisor for reworking our colleges into what they have to turn into: studying firms that fit the days within which we live.
Read or Download Curriculum 21: Essential Education for a Changing World (Professional Development) PDF
Similar curricula books
Even if proportional reasoning isn't officially brought as a subject matter within the universal middle and different arithmetic curricula until eventually sixth grade, introducing its primary rules within the early grades is helping scholars increase crucial talents in ratios, chances, and different proportional representations after they succeed in the higher grades.
This e-book is a severe review of the information base on academic effectiveness, overlaying a interval of 5 a long time of study. It formulates a “lean” idea of fine education, and identifies and explains circumstances of “ineffectiveness”, reminiscent of low influence sizes of malleable stipulations, for which expectancies are hugely strung.
This booklet goals to strengthen a situative academic version to lead the layout and implementation of strong student-centered studying environments in better schooling study rooms. Rooted in academic technological know-how, Hoidn contributes wisdom within the fields of common pedagogy, and extra particularly, larger schooling studying and guideline.
Faculties in different international locations world wide became key websites for interventions designed to augment the emotional health of youngsters and children, supplying new varieties of pedagogy and curriculum wisdom trained in advert hoc and eclectic methods by means of a number of strands of psychology, counselling and treatment.
- Higher Education: Handbook of Theory and Research
- Fundamentals of Early Childhood Education
- How to Differentiate Learning: Curriculum, Instruction, Assessment (In A Nutshell Series)
- Studied Ignorance: How Curricular Censorship and Textbook Selection Are Dumbing Down American Education: How Curricular Censorship and Textbook Selection Are Dumbing Down American Education
- Essential Primary Grammar
Additional info for Curriculum 21: Essential Education for a Changing World (Professional Development)