By Elisa Rolle
- Winner within the LGBT Non-Fiction type of the third Annual Beverly Hills overseas booklet Awards
- Silver Medal within the Non-Fiction - Gay/Lesbian/LGBT classification of the 2015 worldwide book Awards
- Silver Medal within the Non-Fiction - Cultural type of the 2015 Readers' favourite ebook reports and Awards Contest
- Finalist within the GLBT classification of the 2015 subsequent new release Indie booklet Awards
- Finalist within the LGBT Non Fiction type of the ninth Annual nationwide Indie Excellence Awards
- Finalist within the homosexual & Lesbian Non Fiction classification of the sixth Annual overseas Books Awards
- Finalist within the homosexual & Lesbian Non Fiction class of the 2015 united states most sensible Books Awards
- Honorable point out within the homosexual classification of the 2015 San Francisco e-book Festival
- Honorable point out within the normal Non Fiction type of the 2015 big apple e-book Festival
“It's amazing. Laying it out chronologically is electrified, providing a pretty good GLBT historical past. I stored studying issues. i like the choice to incorporate damaged by way of demise. It makes transparent how vital love is, in addition to exhibiting what humans were via. The format and images glance terrific.” Christopher Bram
“I couldn’t face up to clicking via each web page. I by no means learned the scope of the e-book could disguise centuries! i do know that it'll be highly validating to younger, newly-emerging LGBT childrens and be reassured that they truly may have a safe, revered position on the earth as their futures unfold.” Howard Cruse
“This foreign history-and-photo ebook, that includes 100s of special bios of a few of the main forward-moving homosexual folks in heritage, is certain to be a kind of bestsellers that homosexual people will get pleasure from for years yet to come as reference and learn that's jam-packed with proof and fun.” Jack Fritscher
Read or Download Days of Love: Celebrating LGBT History One Story at a Time PDF
Similar gay & lesbian nonfiction books
Seems should be deceiving, and in a society the place one's prestige and entry to chance are principally attendant on actual visual appeal, the problem of ways distinction is developed and interpreted, embraced or effaced, is of super import. Lisa Walker examines this factor with a spotlight at the questions of what it ability to appear like a lesbian, and what it capability to be a lesbian yet to not seem like one.
An research of unpublished letters to the 1st American homosexual journal finds the organisation, edition, and resistance happening within the homosexual neighborhood through the McCarthy period. during this compelling social heritage, Craig M. Loftin describes how homosexual humans within the usa skilled the Nineteen Fifties and early Sixties, a time while swiftly turning out to be homosexual and lesbian subcultures suffered frequent discrimination.
During this pathbreaking paintings, Jasbir ok. Puar argues that configurations of sexuality, race, gender, state, type, and ethnicity are realigning in terms of modern forces of securitization, counterterrorism, and nationalism. She examines how liberal politics contain definite queer topics into the fold of the geographical region, via advancements together with the felony acceptance inherent within the overturning of anti-sodomy legislation and the proliferation of extra mainstream illustration.
What could you do after the guy of your goals battered you simply because he believed you’ve been untrue? may you forgive this guy to whom you’ve given every bit of your middle? fascinating, prosperous homosexual Black big name Wesley (Wes) Laurence Kelly, forty five, yearns for a permanent, fulfilling love. regrettably, disastrous relationships have left him shattered and upset.
- Reclaiming the Sacred: The Bible in Gay and Lesbian Culture, Second Edition
- One of the Boys, Second Edition: Homosexuality in the Military during World War II
- The Moral Defense of Homosexuality: Why Every Argument against Gay Rights Fails
- Imagining Transgender: An Ethnography of a Category
- Just Married: Same-Sex Couples, Monogamy, and the Future of Marriage
- Gay Men and The New Way Forward
Extra info for Days of Love: Celebrating LGBT History One Story at a Time