By Linda Wasmer Andrews
Written in transparent, nontechnical language, and choked with vigorous historic and cultural highlights, this finished reference paintings is a scientifically grounded but completely readable creation to depressive disorders.
• approximately three hundred entries on melancholy, together with the genetic, organic, environmental, and character components underlying it in addition to the newest remedies
• short bibliographies with every one access, directing readers to extra print and on-line sources
• interesting sidebars on concerns, breakthroughs, and recognized folks who suffered from melancholy, together with Abraham Lincoln, Charles Dickens, Irving Berlin, Vincent van Gogh, and Georgia O'Keeffe
• A entire index
Read or Download Encyclopedia of Depression PDF
Similar psychology & counselling reference books
This volume constitutes the 1st solidly research-grounded consultant for practitioners wending their manner throughout the new maze of self-help techniques. The instruction manual of Self-Help treatments summarizes the present kingdom of our wisdom approximately what works and what doesn't, sickness by way of affliction and modality by means of modality.
The Encyclopedia of mental Trauma is the single authoritative reference at the clinical proof, scientific perform guidance, and social concerns addressed in the box of trauma and posttraumatic tension disease. Edited through the best specialists within the box, you are going to flip to this definitive reference paintings many times for entire assurance of mental trauma, PTSD, evidence-based and conventional remedies, in addition to arguable subject matters together with EMDR, digital fact remedy, and masses extra.
Do you need to grasp the way to practice self-discipline and self-discipline for your existence? Do you may have questions like those approximately dedication? How do dedication and growth impact my determination? Is there this kind of factor as an excessive amount of determination? How do satisfaction, disgrace, and guilt impact my dedication? What are a few uncomplicated issues that i will do to guard my determination?
Initially released in 1988, this quantity offers a extensive and eclectic view of mental thought, equipment and perform, overlaying not just the most branches of educational psychology but in addition psychiatry, psychoanalysis and different psychotherapies. even though a little analysis and practices will necessarily have moved on, it's going to nonetheless be an incredible better half for college students and an invaluable paintings of reference for psychological overall healthiness execs, and certainly for a person drawn to modern medical pondering the human mind, brain and character.
- Handbook of Psychological Services for Children and Adolescents
- Clinical Neuropsychology: A Pocket Handbook for Assessment, Third Edition
- Maximum Influence: The 12 Universal Laws of Power Persuasion
- Psicología de la Orientación (Spanish Edition)
Extra resources for Encyclopedia of Depression