By Claire M. Renzetti,Jeffrey L. Edleson
"From assisted suicide and batter ladies to human trafficking and intercourse offenders, this advisor offers a great assessment of the nation examine on interpersonal violence. This set is very suggested for tutorial libraries."
—John R. M. Lawrence
Interpersonal violence is habit that deliberately threatens, makes an attempt, or truly inflicts damage on one other. This violence invades either the private and non-private spheres of our lives; time and again in unforeseen and scary methods. Interpersonal violence is an issue that folks may well event at any aspect throughout the existence span—even prior to start. Interpersonal violence is skilled not just through the lifestyles direction but in addition as a world challenge within the kind of conflict, genocide, terrorism, and rape of ladies as a weapon of war.
The Encyclopedia of Interpersonal Violence presents actual, research-supported info to elucidate severe concerns and teach the general public approximately various different types of interpersonal violence, their prevalence and occurrence, theoretical reasons, public coverage tasks, and prevention and intervention suggestions. those volumes include greater than 500 obtainable, jargon-fee entries written via specialists and supply cross-references to comparable entries, in addition to urged readings for extra information.
- Defines key innovations and explains theoretical rules truly and succinctly
- Provides information on present info units, neighborhood and nationwide companies focusing on a variety of dimensions of interpersonal violence, and suitable internet sites
- Serves as a brief reference consultant to definitions, records, theories, rules, and prevention and intervention programs
- Discusses challenge with interpersonal violence as an issue around the existence span and throughout cultures
- Addresses careers within the many fields of interpersonal violence
- Children and Youth
- Civil and legal criminal Systems
- Interpersonal Violence—General
- Intervention and Prevention Programs
- Organizations and Agencies
- Racial/Ethnic and Cross-Cultural Issues
- Research tools and information assortment Instruments
- Sexual Violence and Abuse
- Syndromes, problems, and different psychological future health Issues
- Theories and Theoretical Perspectives
- Violence among Intimates/Family Violence
The Encyclopedia of Interpersonal Violence is designed for individuals of most people who're attracted to studying extra approximately quite a few points of the matter of interpersonal violence, making it vital source for educational and public libraries.
Read or Download Encyclopedia of Interpersonal Violence PDF
Similar psychology & counselling reference books
This volume constitutes the 1st solidly research-grounded advisor for practitioners wending their manner throughout the new maze of self-help methods. The guide of Self-Help cures summarizes the present nation of our wisdom approximately what works and what doesn't, illness by way of sickness and modality by way of modality.
The Encyclopedia of mental Trauma is the one authoritative reference at the medical proof, medical perform directions, and social concerns addressed in the box of trauma and posttraumatic tension disease. Edited through the prime specialists within the box, you are going to flip to this definitive reference paintings time and again for whole assurance of mental trauma, PTSD, evidence-based and conventional remedies, in addition to debatable themes together with EMDR, digital fact remedy, and lots more and plenty extra.
Do you need to understand how one can observe strength of mind and self-discipline for your existence? Do you might have questions like those approximately determination? How do dedication and development have an effect on my determination? Is there this kind of factor as an excessive amount of dedication? How do satisfaction, disgrace, and guilt have an effect on my dedication? What are a few uncomplicated issues that i will do to guard my dedication?
Initially released in 1988, this quantity offers a large and eclectic view of mental concept, equipment and perform, masking not just the most branches of educational psychology but in addition psychiatry, psychoanalysis and different psychotherapies. even if a little analysis and practices will unavoidably have moved on, it's going to nonetheless be an incredible spouse for college kids and an invaluable paintings of reference for psychological well-being pros, and certainly for someone attracted to modern clinical wondering the human mind, brain and character.
- Building Your Ideal Private Practice: A Guide for Therapists and Other Healing Professionals
- La parole et la topologie: Pourquoi et comment la parole implique-t-elle la topologie? (Lire en psychanalyse) (French Edition)
- Psychologie. Eine Einführung in die Psychologie für interessierte Leser (German Edition)
- International Review of Research in Mental Retardation: Handbook of Assessment in Persons with Intellectual Disability: 34
- Come una pietra leggera: Giochi di sabbia che curano (Italian Edition)
Additional info for Encyclopedia of Interpersonal Violence