By Una Mullally
Read Online or Download In the Name of Love: The Movement for Marriage Equality in Ireland PDF
Similar gay & lesbian nonfiction books
Appears will be deceiving, and in a society the place one's prestige and entry to chance are principally attendant on actual visual appeal, the problem of the way distinction is developed and interpreted, embraced or effaced, is of great import. Lisa Walker examines this factor with a spotlight at the questions of what it capability to appear like a lesbian, and what it skill to be a lesbian yet to not appear like one.
An research of unpublished letters to the 1st American homosexual journal unearths the business enterprise, version, and resistance taking place within the homosexual neighborhood in the course of the McCarthy period. during this compelling social historical past, Craig M. Loftin describes how homosexual humans within the usa skilled the Nineteen Fifties and early Sixties, a time whilst swiftly transforming into homosexual and lesbian subcultures suffered common discrimination.
During this pathbreaking paintings, Jasbir ok. Puar argues that configurations of sexuality, race, gender, kingdom, type, and ethnicity are realigning relating to modern forces of securitization, counterterrorism, and nationalism. She examines how liberal politics include convinced queer topics into the fold of the countryside, via advancements together with the felony popularity inherent within the overturning of anti-sodomy legislation and the proliferation of extra mainstream illustration.
What might you do after the guy of your desires battered you simply because he believed you’ve been untrue? might you forgive this guy to whom you’ve given each piece of your center? fascinating, prosperous homosexual Black star Wesley (Wes) Laurence Kelly, forty five, yearns for an everlasting, pleasant love. regrettably, disastrous relationships have left him shattered and disappointed.
- Witchcraft and the Gay Counterculture: A Radical View of Western Civilization and Some of the People it Has Tried to Destroy
- Strangers on a Train: A Queer Film Classic (Queer Film Classics)
- Life and Death on the New York Dance Floor, 1980–1983
- Metroimperial Intimacies: Fantasy, Racial-Sexual Governance, and the Philippines in U.S. Imperialism, 1899-1913 (Perverse Modernities: A Series Edited by Jack Halberstam and Lisa Lowe)
- Judith Butler (Routledge Critical Thinkers)
- Critically Sovereign: Indigenous Gender, Sexuality, and Feminist Studies
Additional info for In the Name of Love: The Movement for Marriage Equality in Ireland