By Elizabeth Gosling
Marine Bivalve Molluscs is a finished and carefully up-to-date moment version of Bivalve Molluscs, overlaying all significant facets of this crucial classification of invertebrates. in addition to being a tremendous category biologically and ecologically, a few of the bivalves are fished and cultured commercially (e.g. mussels, oysters, scallops and clams) in a multi-billion buck all over the world industry.
Elizabeth Gosling has written a landmark publication that may stand for a few years because the commonplace paintings at the topic. Chapters in Marine Bivalve Molluscs hide morphology, ecology, feeding, copy, payment and recruitment, development, body structure, fisheries, aquaculture, genetics, ailments and parasites, and public health and wellbeing matters. a whole knowing of a lot of those elements is essential for all these operating in bivalve fisheries and culture.
a necessary buy for an individual interested in this crucial type of animals, copies of Marine Bivalve Molluscs may be at the cabinets of biologists, ecologists, environmental scientists, fisheries scientists and group of workers in the aquaculture undefined. Copies of the e-book might be on hand in all libraries and examine institutions the place those matters are studied or taught.
experiences of the 1st Edition
• An admirable achievement... a precious addition to marine sciences libraries all over the place. The again conceal of this publication says that it's a landmark textual content that might stand for a few years because the commonplace paintings in this topic. i will be able to simply trust this sentiment. Aquaculture
• A welcome boost to the literature and offers the reader with a complete evaluate of organic and environmental components that impact and keep an eye on either typical populations of marine bivalves and tradition operations. Aquaculture International
• the writer has performed an admirable activity in compiling a wealth of data right into a readable textual content. Transactions of the yank Fisheries Society
• Will serve good as an outline of a lot of either the experimental biology and the aquaculture of bivalves. Journal of Experimental Marine Biology and Ecology
• presents very good experiences of all significant aspects…an vitally important reference for a person engaged in bivalve examine, fisheries administration, and aquaculture. Quarterly assessment of Biology
• The booklet is particularly readable, in a simple variety. it really is good illustrated and there's a wealth of knowledge and records offered. Bulletin of The Malacological Society of London
Read or Download Marine Bivalve Molluscs PDF
Similar zoology books
This ebook is meant as a systematic source for cannabinoid researchers undertaking animal and human experiments, and in case you have an interest in studying approximately destiny instructions in cannabinoid examine. also, this e-book will be of price to investigators at present operating open air the sphere of cannabinoid examine who've an curiosity in studying approximately those compounds and their odd cannabinoid signalling.
A wide selection of species, together with people, indicates a remarkably trustworthy habit development, often called spontaneous alternation habit (SAB), that has intrigued researchers for over seven many years. although the main points could differ reckoning on species and atmosphere, SAB basically includes first deciding upon one member of a couple of choices after which the opposite, with no directions or incen tives to take action.
Concentrating on the physiological and behavioral elements that permit a species to dwell in a harsh seasonal atmosphere, this publication locations the social biology of marmots in an environmental context. It attracts at the result of a 40-year empirical research of the inhabitants biology of the yellow-bellied marmot close to the Rocky Mountain organic Laboratory within the higher East River Valley in Colorado, united states.
First released greater than a century in the past, The Biography of a Grizzly recounts the lifetime of a fictitious undergo named Wahb who lived and died within the better Yellowstone zone. This new version combines Ernest Thompson Seton’s vintage story and unique illustrations with old and medical context for Wahb’s tale, offering an intensive knowing of the atmosphere, cultural connections, biology, and ecology of Seton’s best-known ebook.
- Microwaves and Thermoregulation
- The Urban Bestiary: Encountering the Everyday Wild
- Lost Animals: Extinction and the Photographic Record
- Insights from Comparative Hearing Research: 49 (Springer Handbook of Auditory Research)
Additional resources for Marine Bivalve Molluscs