By Eric Lagally
An expanding variety of applied sciences are getting used to observe minute amounts of biomolecules and cells. in spite of the fact that, it may be tough to figure out which applied sciences express the main promise for high-sensitivity and low-limit detection in several applications.
Microfluidics and Nanotechnology: Biosensing to the only Molecule Limit information confirmed methods for the detection of unmarried cells or even unmarried molecules—approaches hired through the world’s optimal microfluidics and nanotechnology laboratories. whereas related books focus purely on microfluidics or nanotechnology, this ebook specializes in the combo of soppy fabrics (elastomers and different polymers) with challenging fabrics (semiconductors, metals, and glass) to shape built-in detection structures for organic and chemical objectives. It explores actual and chemical—as good as touch and noncontact—detection equipment, utilizing case reviews to illustrate process functions. proposing a photo of the present state-of-the-art, the text:
- Explains the speculation in the back of assorted detection thoughts, from mechanical resonators for detecting mobilephone density to fiber-optic tools for detecting DNA hybridization, and beyond
- Examines microfluidic advances, together with droplet microfluidics, electronic microfluidics for manipulating droplets at the microscale, and more
- Highlights an array of applied sciences to permit for a comparability of the elemental benefits and demanding situations of every, in addition to an appreciation of the facility of leveraging scalability and integration to accomplish sensitivity at low cost
Microfluidics and Nanotechnology: Biosensing to the only Molecule restrict not only serves as a short reference for the most recent achievements in biochemical detection on the single-cell and single-molecule degrees, but additionally presents researchers with suggestion for extra innovation and growth of the field.
Read or Download Microfluidics and Nanotechnology: Biosensing to the Single Molecule Limit (Devices, Circuits, and Systems) PDF
Best analytic chemistry books
The 1st accomplished resource in this ever-expanding analytical technology, this reference explores contemporary advances within the instrumentation, layout, and alertness of recommendations using electrogenerated chemiluminescence (ECL)-examining the use and impression of ECL-based assays in scientific diagnostics, lifestyles technological know-how examine, environmental trying out, foodstuff and water overview, and the detection of biowarfare brokers.
Key recommendations in Environmental Chemistry presents a contemporary and concise creation to environmental chemistry ideas and the dynamic nature of environmental structures. It deals an excessive, one-semester exam of chosen ideas encountered during this box of analysis and gives built-in instruments in explaining advanced chemical difficulties of environmental value.
Die grundsätzlichen Möglichkeiten und Grenzen der Bewertung des Nachweisvermögens von Analysenverfahren und -ergebnissen werden dargestellt. Diesbezügliche Leistungskriterien haben Bedeutung für die Auswahl und den Vergleich von Verfahren für die Spurenanalyse inbezug auf praktische Aufgabenstellungen, die Interpretation von Analysenergebnissen sowie die Entwicklung, Optimierung und Validierung von Analysenverfahren.
Chemical Drug layout presents a compact evaluation on contemporary advances during this swiftly constructing box. With contributions on in silico drug layout, common product dependent compounds, in addition to on ligand- and structure-based techniques, the authors current cutting edge tools and methods for opting for and synthetically designing novel medicinal drugs.
- Sensing Technology: Current Status and Future Trends I: 7 (Smart Sensors, Measurement and Instrumentation)
- Supercritical Fluid Chromatography: Advances and Applications in Pharmaceutical Analysis
- High Density Plasma Sources: Design, Physics and Performance (Materials Science and Process Technology)
- Handbook of Water Analysis, Second Edition (Food Science and Technology)
Additional info for Microfluidics and Nanotechnology: Biosensing to the Single Molecule Limit (Devices, Circuits, and Systems)