By Hans Kummer
Read or Download Primate Societies: Group Techniques of Ecological Adaptation PDF
Best anthropology books
Within the first ebook which bargains solely with the topic of time in Africa and the Black Diaspora, Adjaye provides ten severe case reports of chosen groups in Africa, the Caribbean, and the yank South. The essays disguise a large spectrum of manifestations of temporal adventure, together with cosmological and genealogical time, actual and ecological cycles, time and worldview, social rhythm, agricultural and business time, and historic procedures and realization.
This edited quantity severely engages with modern scholarship on museums and their engagement with the groups they purport to serve and characterize. Foregrounding new curatorial concepts, it addresses an important hole within the to be had literature, exploring the various complicated concerns coming up from fresh ways to collaboration among museums and their groups.
In 1986, a gaggle of younger Brazilian girls begun a move to safe financial rights for rural ladies and remodel women's roles of their houses and groups. including activists around the kingdom, they equipped a brand new democracy within the wake of an army dictatorship. In maintaining Activism, Jeffrey W.
Advances in know-how open the doorways for company enlargement and facilitate the production of advanced organisations. it really is during this global that anthropological recommendations play a particular function. enterprise anthropologists faucet a variety of resources of knowledge by means of researching the folks in the association.
- Hispanics in the United States: An Agenda for the Twenty-first Century
- Pierre Bourdieu: Fieldwork in Culture (Culture and Education Series)
- Authority, State and National Character: The Civilizing Process in Austria and England, 1700–1900 (Studies in European Cultural Transition)
- Racism, Sexism, Power and Ideology (Critical Studies in Racism and Migration)
- Miracles and Extraordinary Experience in Northern Kenya (Contemporary Ethnography)
Extra info for Primate Societies: Group Techniques of Ecological Adaptation