By Gerald P. Mallon
A new, extra accomplished variation of the vintage Social paintings text
Although nearly all of LGBT people are fit, resilient, and hardy people who don't search social paintings intervention, a few were or might be consumers in social paintings businesses. Social paintings perform with Lesbian, homosexual, Bisexual, and Transgender People is the up to date vintage textual content that has accelerated its scope to incorporate new content material on perform with bisexual and transgender populations—and integrated this content material all through. This informative e-book presents a data base of perform that might larger arrange scholars and practitioners for operating sensitively, thoroughly, and successfully with LGBT participants.
The textual content now covers content material on LGBT populations as articulated through the nationwide organization of Social employees (NASW) and the Council on Social paintings schooling (CSWE). entire and useful, this specified textual content discusses the pragmatic elements of social paintings with lesbian, homosexual, bisexual, and transgender humans. it's going to enhance and make stronger efficient perform with LGBT folks and their households in a number of settings. Chapters concentrate on very important subject matters similar to:
- the profession’s middle values and moral ideas
- identifying, examining, and resolving ethically demanding perform difficulties
- LGBT people of color—heterosexism, racism, and sexism
- applying the existence version and the stress-coping technique
- the root of conflicts in allegiances and pressures for solidarity through homogeneity
- practice with bisexual, transgender, and gender non-conforming individuals
- sexual conversion treatment
- traditional psychoanalytic notions of lesbian
- the influence of sexual abuse on lesbian
- internalized homophobia, heterocentrism, and homosexual identification
- group paintings perform with the LGBTQ group
- clinical overview for households the place sexual orientation is an argument
- LGBT parenting
- the position of health and wellbeing care
- and many more!
Read Online or Download Social Work Practice with Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual, and Transgender People PDF
Best gay & lesbian nonfiction books
Appears to be like could be deceiving, and in a society the place one's prestige and entry to chance are principally attendant on actual visual appeal, the problem of the way distinction is built and interpreted, embraced or effaced, is of great import. Lisa Walker examines this factor with a spotlight at the questions of what it skill to appear like a lesbian, and what it skill to be a lesbian yet to not seem like one.
An research of unpublished letters to the 1st American homosexual journal unearths the enterprise, variation, and resistance taking place within the homosexual neighborhood throughout the McCarthy period. during this compelling social heritage, Craig M. Loftin describes how homosexual humans within the usa skilled the Fifties and early Sixties, a time while speedily starting to be homosexual and lesbian subcultures suffered common discrimination.
During this pathbreaking paintings, Jasbir ok. Puar argues that configurations of sexuality, race, gender, country, category, and ethnicity are realigning on the subject of modern forces of securitization, counterterrorism, and nationalism. She examines how liberal politics contain sure queer topics into the fold of the geographical region, via advancements together with the felony popularity inherent within the overturning of anti-sodomy legislation and the proliferation of extra mainstream illustration.
What may you do after the fellow of your desires battered you simply because he believed you’ve been untrue? may perhaps you forgive this guy to whom you’ve given each piece of your center? fascinating, filthy rich homosexual Black big name Wesley (Wes) Laurence Kelly, forty five, yearns for a permanent, pleasing love. regrettably, disastrous relationships have left him shattered and disappointed.
- Disturbing Practices: History, Sexuality, and Women's Experience of Modern War
- Love and Money: Queers, Class, and Cultural Production (Critical Cultural Communication)
- The Foundation and Future of Feminist Therapy
- Bisexual Politics: Theories, Queries, and Visions (Haworth Gay and Lesbian Studies)
- Murder Most Queer: The Homicidal Homosexual in the American Theater (Triangulations: Lesbian/Gay/Queer Theater/Drama/Performance)
Extra resources for Social Work Practice with Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual, and Transgender People