By John Dececco Phd
- bears and sexual identity
- gay male iconography
- socializing at the Internet
- sexual politics (gender, category, “looks-ism,” and physique image)
- gay mass media, the one strongest strength within the present development of ”bears”
- bears, energy, and glamor
- bear-as-image vs. bear-as-attitudeGays, lesbians, lesbigay students, bears, and social scientists are guaranteed to locate The undergo publication thought-provoking and insightful because it broaches questions resembling: Are bears stuck up in a utopian-romantic impulse to reinvent themselves? What used to be radical lesbianism’s impression at the undergo stream? To what quantity are bears purely one other crew of exploited shoppers in a fragmented marketplace procedure? And, is it attainable to set up social liberation via enslavement for your sexual passions? For either your excitement and your schooling, The endure booklet examines approximately each nook of beardom, together with undergo heritage, id, social areas, iconography, and its constituency abroad.
Read or Download The Bear Book: Readings in the History and Evolution of a Gay Male Subculture (Haworth Gay & Lesbian Studies) PDF
Best gay & lesbian nonfiction books
Appears to be like might be deceiving, and in a society the place one's prestige and entry to chance are principally attendant on actual visual appeal, the difficulty of ways distinction is built and interpreted, embraced or effaced, is of great import. Lisa Walker examines this factor with a spotlight at the questions of what it potential to seem like a lesbian, and what it ability to be a lesbian yet to not appear like one.
An research of unpublished letters to the 1st American homosexual journal finds the enterprise, variation, and resistance taking place within the homosexual neighborhood throughout the McCarthy period. during this compelling social background, Craig M. Loftin describes how homosexual humans within the usa skilled the Nineteen Fifties and early Sixties, a time whilst swiftly becoming homosexual and lesbian subcultures suffered common discrimination.
During this pathbreaking paintings, Jasbir ok. Puar argues that configurations of sexuality, race, gender, state, type, and ethnicity are realigning relating to modern forces of securitization, counterterrorism, and nationalism. She examines how liberal politics contain sure queer matters into the fold of the geographical region, via advancements together with the felony attractiveness inherent within the overturning of anti-sodomy legislation and the proliferation of extra mainstream illustration.
What may you do after the guy of your desires battered you simply because he believed you’ve been untrue? may possibly you forgive this guy to whom you’ve given each piece of your center? fascinating, prosperous homosexual Black famous person Wesley (Wes) Laurence Kelly, forty five, yearns for a permanent, fulfilling love. regrettably, disastrous relationships have left him shattered and upset.
- Gay Man's Worst Friend - the Story of Destroyer Magazine
- Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual, Trans and Queer Psychology
- The Lives of Transgender People
- Gendered Identities: Criticizing Patriarchy in Turkey
Additional info for The Bear Book: Readings in the History and Evolution of a Gay Male Subculture (Haworth Gay & Lesbian Studies)