By William E. Mann
- Contributors contain Linda Zabzeski, Hugh McCann, Brian Leftow, Gareth B. Matthews, William L. Rowe, Elliott Sober, Derk Pereboom, Alfred J. Freddoso, William P. Alston, William J. Wainwright, Peter van Inwagen, Philip Kitcher and Philip Quinn.
- Features fourteen newly commissioned essays.
- Provides a finished therapy of the key difficulties within the philosophy of religion.
- Surveys the sphere and provides particular arguments.
Read Online or Download The Blackwell Guide to the Philosophy of Religion (Blackwell Philosophy Guides) PDF
Similar religious philosophy books
T. A. Cavanaugh defends double-effect reasoning (DER), often referred to as the primary of double impact. DER performs a job in anti-consequentialist ethics (such as deontology), in demanding instances during which one can't observe an exceptional with no additionally inflicting a foreseen, yet now not meant, undesirable impact (for instance, killing non-combatants whilst bombing an army target).
During this multi-disciplinary assortment we ask the query, 'What did, and do, Quakers take into consideration reliable and evil? ' There aren't any uncomplicated or straightforwardly uniform solutions to this, yet during this assortment, we draw jointly contributions that for the 1st time examine historic and modern Quakerdom's method of the moral and theological challenge of evil and sturdy.
Dialogue of early Jewish monotheism has fascinated by its origins in prior Israelite faith, whereas its improvement in overdue prophetic and early apocalyptic literature has obtained little realization. but the reflections of the concept that of monotheism in those works are even more assorted than is mostly famous.
Denkanstösse! Für die eigene Flexibilität im Umgang mit tension, seine eigene Spann-Kraft, seine eigene Beweglichkeit und um seine eigene Widerstands-Kraft zu erhöhen und zu steigern, es geht um die eigenen und manchmal fehlenden Energien der Menschen! Über den Autor:Helmut Schulte , heute seventy six Jahre alt, lebt seit jeher ein bewegtes Leben.
- Saints: Faith without Borders (A Critical Inquiry Book)
- William James and the Transatlantic Conversation: Pragmatism, Pluralism, and Philosophy of Religion
- Rezensionen und Kritiken: (1901-1914): Band 4 (German Edition)
- Ultimates: Philosophical Theology, Volume One
- The Wedding Feast of the Lamb: Eros, the Body, and the Eucharist (Perspectives in Continental Philosophy)
- Kierkegaard's Writings, VI, Volume 6: Fear and Trembling/Repetition: Fear and Trembling/Repetition: 006
Additional info for The Blackwell Guide to the Philosophy of Religion (Blackwell Philosophy Guides)