By Constance Classen
Read or Download The Deepest Sense: A Cultural History of Touch (Studies in Sensory History) PDF
Similar anthropology books
Within the first booklet which bargains solely with the topic of time in Africa and the Black Diaspora, Adjaye offers ten serious case experiences of chosen groups in Africa, the Caribbean, and the yank South. The essays hide a large spectrum of manifestations of temporal adventure, together with cosmological and genealogical time, actual and ecological cycles, time and worldview, social rhythm, agricultural and commercial time, and ancient techniques and realization.
This edited quantity seriously engages with modern scholarship on museums and their engagement with the groups they purport to serve and characterize. Foregrounding new curatorial techniques, it addresses an important hole within the to be had literature, exploring a number of the advanced matters coming up from contemporary methods to collaboration among museums and their groups.
In 1986, a gaggle of younger Brazilian ladies begun a move to safe fiscal rights for rural girls and rework women's roles of their houses and groups. including activists around the nation, they equipped a brand new democracy within the wake of an army dictatorship. In maintaining Activism, Jeffrey W.
Advances in know-how open the doorways for company growth and facilitate the construction of advanced corporations. it's during this global that anthropological recommendations play a particular position. company anthropologists faucet numerous assets of data via gaining knowledge of the folk in the association.
- Invasão Vertical dos Bárbaros (Coleção Abertura Cultural) (Portuguese Edition)
- The Winds of Ixtepeji: World View and Society in a Zapotec Town
- Ethnicities and Values in a Changing World
- Liberalism, Puritanism and the Colonial Mind: 1 (Main Currents in American Thought)
- Emotion and Reason: Mind, Brain, and the Social Domains of Work and Love
- Skull Wars: Kennewick Man, Archaeology, And The Battle For Native American Identity
Additional resources for The Deepest Sense: A Cultural History of Touch (Studies in Sensory History)