By Andrew C. Isenberg
Read Online or Download The Destruction of the Bison: An Environmental History, 1750–1920 (Studies in Environment and History) PDF
Similar anthropology books
Within the first booklet which offers solely with the topic of time in Africa and the Black Diaspora, Adjaye provides ten severe case experiences of chosen groups in Africa, the Caribbean, and the yankee South. The essays hide a large spectrum of manifestations of temporal adventure, together with cosmological and genealogical time, actual and ecological cycles, time and worldview, social rhythm, agricultural and commercial time, and old strategies and attention.
This edited quantity seriously engages with modern scholarship on museums and their engagement with the groups they purport to serve and characterize. Foregrounding new curatorial techniques, it addresses an important hole within the on hand literature, exploring the various complicated concerns bobbing up from fresh methods to collaboration among museums and their groups.
In 1986, a gaggle of younger Brazilian ladies all started a move to safe monetary rights for rural ladies and remodel women's roles of their houses and groups. including activists around the kingdom, they equipped a brand new democracy within the wake of an army dictatorship. In maintaining Activism, Jeffrey W.
Advances in expertise open the doorways for company growth and facilitate the construction of advanced firms. it really is during this global that anthropological recommendations play a particular function. enterprise anthropologists faucet a number of resources of data by way of gaining knowledge of the folks in the association.
- Popularizing Science and Technology in the European Periphery, 1800–2000 (Science, Technology and Culture, 1700-1945)
- Intellectuals and their Publics: Perspectives from the Social Sciences
- Ethnographies of Conferences and Trade Fairs: Shaping Industries, Creating Professionals
- The U.S. South and Europe: Transatlantic Relations in the Nineteenth and Twentieth Centuries (New Directions in Southern History)
- Colonialism, Maasina Rule, and the Origins of Malaitan Kastom (Pacific Islands Monograph Series)
Additional resources for The Destruction of the Bison: An Environmental History, 1750–1920 (Studies in Environment and History)