By Edward C. Sellner
This ebook examines the concept that of the Double in heritage and literary assets, from the earliest recognized literature, The Epic of Gilgamesh, to the lifestyles and writings of the 20th-century Beat author, Jack Kerouac. Drawing upon his wisdom of theology, Jungian psychology, literature, and the background of Christian spirituality, Ed Sellner exhibits how this internal determine, mirrored in these shut friendships among males as fathers and sons, brothers, mentors, courses, and fans is beneficial for all males of their trip towards non secular that means and wholeness.
· This publication may be a useful source for assisting readers establish major male figures of their lives with whom they event universal bonds.
· The power mental and non secular advantages of constructing such relationships are proposed.
· In its concentration upon male spirituality, the publication explores the character and intensity of intimate male bonds, and gives priceless insights into the character of masculinity.
· The variety of sexualities between males is tested, in addition to the extraordinary damage performed to contributors and groups because of homophobic projections.
Read Online or Download The Double: Male Eros, Friendships, and Mentoring—From Gilgamesh To Kerouac PDF
Best gay & lesbian nonfiction books
Seems may be deceiving, and in a society the place one's prestige and entry to chance are principally attendant on actual visual appeal, the difficulty of the way distinction is built and interpreted, embraced or effaced, is of large import. Lisa Walker examines this factor with a spotlight at the questions of what it skill to appear like a lesbian, and what it capacity to be a lesbian yet to not seem like one.
An research of unpublished letters to the 1st American homosexual journal finds the business enterprise, version, and resistance happening within the homosexual group throughout the McCarthy period. during this compelling social background, Craig M. Loftin describes how homosexual humans within the usa skilled the Nineteen Fifties and early Nineteen Sixties, a time while speedily becoming homosexual and lesbian subcultures suffered common discrimination.
During this pathbreaking paintings, Jasbir okay. Puar argues that configurations of sexuality, race, gender, country, type, and ethnicity are realigning with regards to modern forces of securitization, counterterrorism, and nationalism. She examines how liberal politics include yes queer topics into the fold of the geographical region, via advancements together with the felony attractiveness inherent within the overturning of anti-sodomy legislation and the proliferation of extra mainstream illustration.
What could you do after the guy of your desires battered you simply because he believed you’ve been untrue? may perhaps you forgive this guy to whom you’ve given every bit of your center? fascinating, filthy rich homosexual Black famous person Wesley (Wes) Laurence Kelly, forty five, yearns for an everlasting, enjoyable love. regrettably, disastrous relationships have left him shattered and disenchanted.
- The Pox Lover: An Activist's Decade in New York and Paris (Living Out: Gay and Lesbian Autobiog)
- Black Bull, Ancestors and Me - My Life as a Lesbian Sangoma
- Bi Men: Coming Out Every Which Way
- Invisible Families: Gay Identities, Relationships, and Motherhood among Black Women
Extra resources for The Double: Male Eros, Friendships, and Mentoring—From Gilgamesh To Kerouac