By Bryan Shorrocks
- Covers fossil historical past, taxonomy, genetics, body structure, biomechanics, habit, ecology, and conservation
- Includes genetic research of 5 of the six subspecies of contemporary giraffes
- Includes giraffe community reports from Laikipia Kenya, Etosha nationwide Park, Namibia andSamburu nationwide Reserve, Kenya
Read Online or Download The Giraffe: Biology, Ecology, Evolution and Behaviour PDF
Similar zoology books
This publication is meant as a systematic source for cannabinoid researchers engaging in animal and human experiments, and in the event you have an interest in studying approximately destiny instructions in cannabinoid learn. also, this booklet should be of worth to investigators presently operating outdoors the sphere of cannabinoid study who've an curiosity in studying approximately those compounds and their strange cannabinoid signalling.
A large choice of species, together with humans, shows a remarkably trustworthy habit development, often called spontaneous alternation habit (SAB), that has intrigued researchers for over seven many years. notwithstanding the main points may perhaps range counting on species and environment, SAB primarily includes first settling on one member of a couple of possible choices after which the opposite, with no directions or incen tives to take action.
Concentrating on the physiological and behavioral elements that let a species to stay in a harsh seasonal surroundings, this publication locations the social biology of marmots in an environmental context. It attracts at the result of a 40-year empirical research of the inhabitants biology of the yellow-bellied marmot close to the Rocky Mountain organic Laboratory within the top East River Valley in Colorado, united states.
First released greater than a century in the past, The Biography of a Grizzly recounts the lifetime of a fictitious endure named Wahb who lived and died within the better Yellowstone zone. This re-creation combines Ernest Thompson Seton’s vintage story and unique illustrations with ancient and clinical context for Wahb’s tale, supplying a radical knowing of the atmosphere, cultural connections, biology, and ecology of Seton’s best-known e-book.
- The Animals' Agenda: Freedom, Compassion, and Coexistence in the Human Age
- Anatomy and Physiology: Anatomy and Physiology v. 1
- Managing Horses on Small Properties
- Oral Physiology and Occlusion: An International Symposium
- Stadttauben im Griff: Populationsmanagement ? artgerecht und erfolgreich (German Edition)
- Humanbiologie für Lehramtsstudierende: Ein Arbeits- und Studienbuch (German Edition)
Extra info for The Giraffe: Biology, Ecology, Evolution and Behaviour