By Edward S. Neukrug
The SAGE Encyclopedia of idea in Counseling and Psychotherapy is a two-volume resource that lines thought and examines the beginnings of counseling and psychotherapy all of the option to present developments and hobbies. This reference paintings attracts jointly a staff of foreign students that learn the worldwide panorama of all of the key counseling and psychotherapy theories and the theorists at the back of them whereas providing them in context had to comprehend their strengths and weaknesses. this can be a speedy, one-stop resource that provides the reader the “who, what, the place, how, and why” of up to date counseling and psychotherapy conception. From historic context within which the theories have been constructed to the theoretical underpinnings which force the theories, this reference encyclopedia has specified and correct info for all members drawn to this topic matter.
Features & Benefits:
- Approximately 335 signed entries fill volumes on hand in a call of print or digital formats.
- Back topic features a Chronology of conception in the box of counseling to assist scholars positioned person theories inside of a broader context.
- A grasp Bibliography and a source advisor to key books, journals, and firms consultant scholars to additional assets past the encyclopedia.
- The Reader’s consultant, an in depth Index and the move References mix for powerful search-and-browse within the e-version and is helping scholars take the following steps of their examine journeys.
This reference encyclopedia serves as an exceptional resource for any one drawn to the roots of up to date counseling and psychotherapy concept. it really is perfect for the general public and pros, in addition to for college students in counselor teaching programs in particular these people who are pursuing a Masters point degree.
Read or Download The SAGE Encyclopedia of Theory in Counseling and Psychotherapy PDF
Similar psychology & counselling reference books
This volume constitutes the 1st solidly research-grounded consultant for practitioners wending their approach throughout the new maze of self-help techniques. The guide of Self-Help cures summarizes the present country of our wisdom approximately what works and what doesn't, disease via illness and modality by way of modality.
The Encyclopedia of mental Trauma is the one authoritative reference at the clinical proof, medical perform instructions, and social concerns addressed in the box of trauma and posttraumatic pressure affliction. Edited through the top specialists within the box, you'll flip to this definitive reference paintings time and again for entire assurance of mental trauma, PTSD, evidence-based and traditional remedies, in addition to debatable themes together with EMDR, digital truth treatment, and lots more and plenty extra.
Do you need to understand the right way to observe self-discipline and self-discipline on your existence? Do you might have questions like those approximately determination? How do dedication and growth impact my dedication? Is there this sort of factor as an excessive amount of dedication? How do delight, disgrace, and guilt impact my dedication? What are a few uncomplicated issues that i will do to guard my determination?
Initially released in 1988, this quantity presents a huge and eclectic view of mental conception, equipment and perform, overlaying not just the most branches of educational psychology but in addition psychiatry, psychoanalysis and different psychotherapies. even if a little research and practices will unavoidably have moved on, it's going to nonetheless be an awesome significant other for college kids and an invaluable paintings of reference for psychological wellbeing and fitness execs, and certainly for somebody drawn to modern clinical brooding about the human mind, brain and character.
- The Managed Care Answer Book
- Nahrungsmittelpräferenzen nach Paul Rozin (German Edition)
- Fear of Death Among University Students. A Study
- Ethics in Psychology and the Mental Health Professions: Standards and Cases (Oxford Textbooks in Clinical Psychology)
- The Signs of Language Revisited: An Anthology To Honor Ursula Bellugi and Edward Klima
- The Writings of William James
Additional info for The SAGE Encyclopedia of Theory in Counseling and Psychotherapy