By Mario Poceski
The Wiley Blackwell significant other to East and internal Asian Buddhism combines striking contributions protecting Buddhism because it built and is practiced during this quarter. those newly-commissioned essays offer clean scholarly views on a variety of options, texts, and practices.
- Offers a accomplished and balanced survey of Buddhism inside East and valuable Asia, from the time of the Buddha via to the current day
- Provides clean views on a variety of recommendations, texts, traditions, doctrines, practices, and associations – on themes spanning gender roles, tantric rituals, and the unfold of Zen into Europe
- Brings jointly state of the art learn via an interdisciplinary and foreign contributor group, together with historians, literature students, and historians, in addition to these from spiritual studies
- Presents a breathtaking view of the extreme richness and diversity of neighborhood Buddhist expressions and practices inside of chinese language, Korean, jap, and Tibetan, cultures
Read or Download The Wiley Blackwell Companion to East and Inner Asian Buddhism (Wiley Blackwell Companions to Religion) PDF
Similar buddhism books
On the age of 16 Dennis Lingwood found that he used to be - and continually have been - a Buddhist. This consciousness used to be to behave because the driver in the back of a lifestyles during which Lingwood, now larger often called Sangharakshita, has performed a huge half within the advent of Buddhism to the West. The Rainbow street lines Sangharakshita's improvement from a youth ruled via disease and books to homeless wandering and ordination as a Buddhist monk.
The go back of Murano’s vintage TranslationThe Lotus Sutra is without doubt one of the most vital sutras in Mahayana Buddhism. It was once translated into chinese language via Kumarajiva in 406 CE less than the identify: Myohorengekyo (Miao-Fa-Lien-Hua-Ching). The chinese language identify skill “Sutra of the Lotus Flower of the glorious Dharma.
A realistic, down-to-earth advisor to Vasubandhu's vintage paintings "Thirty Verses of realization Only" that can rework smooth existence and alter the way you see the area. during this down-to-earth publication, Ben Connelly sure-handedly courses us throughout the intricacies of Yogacara and the richness of the “Thirty Verses.
Yijiang Zhong analyses the formation of Shinto as a fancy and various non secular culture in early smooth and Meiji Japan, 1600-1868. Highlighting the function of the god Okuninushi and the mythology established at the Izumo Shrine in western Japan as a part of this strategy, he indicates how and why this god got here to be missed in country Shinto within the smooth interval.
- Meditation, Transformation, And Dream Yoga
- The Heart Attack Sutra: A New Commentary on the Heart Sutra
- Buddhism and Science: A Guide for the Perplexed (Buddhism and Modernity)
- Zen Rebellen, Radikale und Reformer (German Edition)
- Buddha Nature: The Mahayana Uttaratantra Shastra With Commentary
- How Zen Became Zen: The Dispute over Enlightenment and the Formation of Chan Buddhism in Song-Dynasty China (Studies in East Asian Buddhism)
Extra resources for The Wiley Blackwell Companion to East and Inner Asian Buddhism (Wiley Blackwell Companions to Religion)