By Scott A Weinstein,David A. Warrell,Julian White,Daniel E Keyler
There is a necessity for "one-stop buying" providing information about their attainable toxicity and medical relevance in addition to techniques for scientific administration in their bites. This booklet is the 1st synthesis of this information and comprises evidence-based possibility overview, chance rankings and particular thoughts concerning important species, many universal in captivity.
- Fills a niche within the toxinological, scientific and herpetological literature via offering a complete overview of this whole assemblage of snakes, with specific realization given to their ability, genuine or rumored, to reason damage to humans
- A patient-centered, evidence-based method is utilized to reading documented case experiences of bites inflicted by means of nearly a hundred species.
- Clinical administration of medically major bites from non-front-fanged colubroids is methodically reviewed, and particular strategies are provided
Read or Download “Venomous” Bites from Non-Venomous Snakes: A Critical Analysis of Risk and Management of “Colubrid” Snake Bites (Elsevier Insights) PDF
Best zoology books
This publication is meant as a systematic source for cannabinoid researchers accomplishing animal and human experiments, and should you have an interest in studying approximately destiny instructions in cannabinoid examine. also, this ebook will be of worth to investigators at the moment operating outdoor the sphere of cannabinoid study who've an curiosity in studying approximately those compounds and their strange cannabinoid signalling.
A wide selection of species, together with people, shows a remarkably trustworthy habit trend, often called spontaneous alternation habit (SAB), that has intrigued researchers for over seven a long time. although the main points may possibly fluctuate looking on species and environment, SAB basically involves first deciding upon one member of a couple of choices after which the opposite, with out directions or incen tives to take action.
Targeting the physiological and behavioral components that let a species to reside in a harsh seasonal atmosphere, this publication locations the social biology of marmots in an environmental context. It attracts at the result of a 40-year empirical learn of the inhabitants biology of the yellow-bellied marmot close to the Rocky Mountain organic Laboratory within the higher East River Valley in Colorado, united states.
First released greater than a century in the past, The Biography of a Grizzly recounts the lifetime of a fictitious endure named Wahb who lived and died within the higher Yellowstone quarter. This new version combines Ernest Thompson Seton’s vintage story and unique illustrations with historic and medical context for Wahb’s tale, offering a radical knowing of the environment, cultural connections, biology, and ecology of Seton’s best-known publication.
- Synaptic Plasticity: Dynamics, Development and Disease: 970 (Advances in Experimental Medicine and Biology)
- The Macaque Connection: Cooperation and Conflict between Humans and Macaques: 43 (Developments in Primatology: Progress and Prospects)
- Social Insect Populations
- The Secret World Of Wombats
- Hepatobiliary and Pancreatic Carcinogenesis in the Hamster
- Pheromones and Reproduction in Mammals
Extra resources for “Venomous” Bites from Non-Venomous Snakes: A Critical Analysis of Risk and Management of “Colubrid” Snake Bites (Elsevier Insights)