By Martin Kantor
Despite an abysmal "success rate," practitioners nonetheless use reparative treatment in an try and flip gays and lesbians immediately. this article exposes the pitfalls that are meant to be thought of sooner than gays embark in this trip that usually leads nowhere.
• offers thorough descriptions of many of the reparative cures, contrasts those concepts with conventional remedy, and exposes the defective theoretical bases of this manner of treatment
• info the writer psychiatrist's unsuccessful 5-year-long healing try and switch his personal homosexuality
• presents crucial info that gays and their mom and dad want to know sooner than embarking on what the writer feels is a futile process altering sexual orientation. The content material will enlighten politicians and reparative therapists themselves as well
• offers a necessary, trained counterpoint to the prevailing literature on reparative therapy
Read or Download Why a Gay Person Can't Be Made Un-Gay: The Truth About Reparative Therapies PDF
Best psychology & counselling reference books
This volume constitutes the 1st solidly research-grounded advisor for practitioners wending their method in the course of the new maze of self-help methods. The instruction manual of Self-Help treatments summarizes the present country of our wisdom approximately what works and what doesn't, affliction through disease and modality by way of modality.
The Encyclopedia of mental Trauma is the single authoritative reference at the medical proof, scientific perform guidance, and social matters addressed in the box of trauma and posttraumatic pressure ailment. Edited via the prime specialists within the box, you'll flip to this definitive reference paintings repeatedly for whole assurance of mental trauma, PTSD, evidence-based and conventional remedies, in addition to debatable issues together with EMDR, digital truth treatment, and lots more and plenty extra.
Do you need to grasp tips to practice self-discipline and self-discipline for your lifestyles? Do you might have questions like those approximately determination? How do dedication and development impact my determination? Is there this type of factor as an excessive amount of determination? How do satisfaction, disgrace, and guilt impact my determination? What are a few basic issues that i will do to guard my determination?
Initially released in 1988, this quantity offers a huge and eclectic view of mental conception, equipment and perform, masking not just the most branches of educational psychology but additionally psychiatry, psychoanalysis and different psychotherapies. even though a little analysis and practices will necessarily have moved on, it is going to nonetheless be an excellent better half for college kids and an invaluable paintings of reference for psychological health and wellbeing execs, and certainly for someone attracted to modern clinical considering the human mind, brain and character.
- Dictionary of Psychopathology
- Blackwell Handbook of Early Childhood Development
- Present-Day Russian Psychology: A Symposium by Seven Authors
- Hauptströmungen der Psychologie: Behaviorismus, Kognitivismus und Psychoanalyse (German Edition)
Additional info for Why a Gay Person Can't Be Made Un-Gay: The Truth About Reparative Therapies